Robots that walk with 6 feet are called hexapods. A robot with 3 and more legs is more stable in terms of balance. The Hexapod has a very flexible mobility with 6 legs. Hexapods have a wide variety of leg designs. Some of these resemble spiders and others resemble Scorpions.
We listed best 10 open source hexapod robots projects in this article.
- Best 10 Open Source Hexapod robot projects
- Arduino Ant Hexapod Robot
- Kris Temmerman’s open sourca hexapod project
- Linkit Hexapod Ver 2.1
- Hexapod Robot by Markwtech
- Ez Arduino Hexapod Robot
- Hexdrake – Arduino Homemade Hexapod Robot
- Arduino Mega Hexapod by Davidhend
- PoorKame quadruped robot
- Hexy the Hexapod – $168,267 Kickstarter project
- Vorpal Educational Hexapod Robot – $38,355 Kickstarter project
Best 10 Open Source Hexapod robot projects
The criteria we take into consideration in hexapod robots are as follows:
- It must be completely open source
- It must be an original feature.
- It should be published on trusted web source.
1Arduino Ant Hexapod Robot
This project really deserves to be in charge of my list. Dejan shares great projects on his site. Arduino Ant Hexapod Robot project is one of them. Moreover, how each project is done is detailed in the Youtube video. The project’s ready-made parts drawings for the 3D printer are also available on the subject. Arduino codes were also shared on the subject.
This Ant Hexapod Robot works with arduino. It can be controlled by mobile phone. With the obstacle sensor in front of it, it can also change its movements according to the obstacle in front of it.